Health and Wellbeing
Health and Wellbeing is central to the development of all children and young people and progress in this area will impact on attainment and achievement. Staff will often refer to the wellbeing indicators to help young people, parents and professionals focus on a young person’s Health and Wellbeing.
All young people can expect their learning environment to support them to:
- meet challenges, manage change and build positive relationships acknowledging differences
- experience personal achievement and build resilience and confidence
- understand and develop their physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and social skills
- understand how their own behaviours affect physical and mental wellbeing
- participate in a wide range of activities which promote a healthy lifestyle
- understand that adults in their school community have a responsibility to look after them, listening to concerns and involving others where necessary
Some aspects of Health and Wellbeing sit within the specific subject areas of PE , Home Economics and Personal and Social Education.
In Eastern Perthshire, Blairgowrie HS is one of several partners who are working together to improve Health and Wellbeing of all in our community.